The following information applies to credit accounts you may have that are issued through MedBank Network (GlamourCredit) and its partners.
At MedBank Network (GlamourCredit) (referred to as "we" or "us") we are committed to providing you the finest products and the highest level of service. To accomplish this, we gather, use and share certain personal information. This Customer Privacy Statement describes the information we gather, with whom we share it and how and when you may direct us not to share certain information.
1. Our Personal Information Collection Practices.
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you in various ways, including credit applications, registration and other forms or from the Internet, such as address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number and date of birth;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, retailers or others, such as account balance, payment history and credit account usage;
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies (also known as credit bureaus), such as your credit score and credit history ("credit reports"); and
- Information we receive from our affiliates and from third parties, such as household demographics.
2. Our Personal Information Disclosure Practices.
We may disclose all of the information that we collect, as described in paragraph 1 above, subject to applicable law. We may disclose such information whether or not you are a current customer or former customer.
We may disclose information that identifies you, and information about your transactions and experiences with us, to our affiliates (lenders). We also may disclose to our affiliates your credit information from applications and credit reports ("credit eligibility information"), but disclosure of this credit eligibility information is subject to your right to opt out.
Our affiliates also may use your credit eligibility information from us, and your transactions and experiences with us, to send you marketing solicitations about their products and services, but this marketing use is subject to your right to opt out.
3. Opt Out Procedures.
You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of certain information as described in this Customer Privacy Statement. Specifically, you may opt out of the following:
- Disclosure of your credit eligibility information to our affiliates;
- Disclosure of your credit eligibility information, or your transactions and experiences with us, to our affiliates for their use in marketing their products and services to you; and
- Disclosure of nonpublic information about you to nonaffiliated third parties
(other than as permitted by law).
If you wish to opt out of all of these disclosures, you may do so by calling us toll-free at 855.210.8485.
4. Important Facts about Your Choices.
- For joint accounts, an opt out made by one of the joint accountholders will apply to all of the joint accountholders on the same account.
- Please allow several weeks for your opt-out request to take effect.
- Your election to opt out will remain in effect until revoked by you in writing.
5. Data Security Procedures.
We restrict access to information about you to those persons who need to know that information in connection with providing products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your information.
6. Changes to this Statement.
We may make changes to this Customer Privacy Statement at any time and will provide you with any notice of such changes as required by law. This statement replaces any other statements about our customer information practices.
7. Compliance with State Laws.
We also will comply with more restrictive state laws to the extent that they apply. For example, if your billing address is in Vermont, we will not disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties or your credit eligibility information to our affiliates, other than as required or permitted by law, unless you authorize us to do so.
8. Telephone Monitoring.
As part of our continuing effort to maintain a high quality of service to our customers, telephone communications with you may be monitored and recorded. You agree that monitoring and/or recording may be done and that no additional notice to you or additional approval from you is needed. Please inform all persons authorized to use this account, those acting on your behalf, or anyone making payments on this account, of this provision.
9. Effective Date.
This Customer Privacy Statement is effective as of January 1, 2011 and until changed by MedBank Network (GlamourCredit).